About Dr. Romie
Brain Doctor • Chief Wellness Officer
Keynote Speaker • Mindful Leadership Expert
Meet Dr. Romie
Dr. Romie is a board-certified physician, award-winning wellness speaker, and the founder of brainSHIFT. She brings together over 20 years of authority in neurology, integrative medicine, and mindfulness to deliver programs and create cultural change.
Dr. Romie currently speaks and consults for Fortune 500 companies, professional athletes, & global associations. Dr. Romie is also the Chief Wellness Officer for Evolution Hospitality, where she scaled a mindfulness & wellness program to over 7000 employees. Her expertise is featured in the national media, such as NPR, NBC, TED talks, and Forbes. Find the cure for your busy brain at drromie.com or @drromie on social media.
Dr. Romie's Impact: Transforming Workplace Wellness
Dr. Romila “Romie” Mushtaq, M.D., ABIHM, is an award-winning, internationally sought-after authority on stress management, workplace wellness, and burnout. Through her high-energy, interactive talks and work as a corporate wellness consultant, she has inspired more than 1.1 million people to lead healthier, more fulfilling lives. As a board-certified physician, Dr. Romie leverages over 20 years of authority in neurology, integrative medicine, and mindfulness to create a new concept of workplace wellness in corporate America.
Dr. Romie's TEDx Talk & Personal Journey
Trailblazer: Dr. Romie’s Unique Journey
A proud STEMinist in stilettos, Dr. Romie has always forged her own path. When she entered neurology, less than 5% of brain doctors in the U.S. were women. Contributing to research in women’s hormones and brain diseases, she is also the first physician to become a Chief Wellness Officer in corporate America, further solidifying her status as a trailblazer.
Like many driven, type-A professionals, Dr. Romie was committed to her career in neurology and thought she knew exactly how life would unfold. But you know what they say about the best-laid plans.
After surviving career burnout and undergoing life-saving surgery, Dr. Romie felt called to learn and share a new approach to wellness.
She spent several years traveling the world to master mindfulness-based techniques and holistic medicine to heal the body, mind, and spirit.
In 2014, Dr. Romie shared how she healed from burnout in her TEDx Talk, “The Powerful Secret of Your Breath, which has over half a million views on YouTube. Her story catapulted her professional speaking career, and today she is an award-winning speaker and go-to authority in workplace wellness, stress, and burnout in corporate America.
Workplace Wellness Consulting, brainSHIFT at Work, and the Future
Bridging the Gap: Proven Results and Empowering Employees
With 20 years of experience in neurology, mindfulness, and integrative medicine, Dr. Romie is an authority in workplace wellness. As the first-ever Chief Wellness Officer at Evolution Hospitality, she scaled a mindfulness and wellness program for over 7,000 employees. Dr. Romie developed the brainSHIFT at Work program to bridge the gap between mindfulness apps and EAP solutions, empowering employees to overcome stress and burnout. Trusted by global companies like Fidelity Investments, AIG, and Aimbridge Hospitality, this 8-week program promotes wellness and increases productivity.
Expanding the Platform
Dr. Romie is currently working on a book set to be published in 2023 and a complementary wellness app to expand the brainSHIFT at Work platform. These new offerings aim to reach an even wider audience and provide deeper, more personalized insights, further establishing Dr. Romie as an authority in the field of corporate wellness.
Fun Facts about Dr. Romie
- Is a proud dog mom to Rahja, a 15-year-old bichon frise
- Loves comfort food and doesn’t believe in dieting (good news for those taking our 8-week wellness program!)
- A board-certified physician in neurology and integrative medicine.
- Dr. Romie entered neurology at a time less than 5% of brain doctors in the US were women and was a researcher in women’s hormones and brain diseases.
- After surviving career burnout and life-saving surgery she traveled the world learning mindfulness and integrative medicine.
- TED talk has over 1/2 Million views
- Go-to authority in workplace wellness to address stress and burnout in Corporate America
- Award-winning keynote speaker has reached over 1.2 million people in live audiences speaking to corporations & global associations.
- Chief Wellness Officer for Evolution Hospitality where she has successfully scaled & implemented a mindfulness program for over 7000 employees.
- Media personality and sought-after expert in brain health and wellness- routinely featured in the national media
- STEMinist in Stilettos: advocating for females from Kindergarten to the C-Suite for access to education, mentorship, and leadership in science, technology, engineering, math, and medicine.