In a matter of weeks, our personal and business lives transformed due to global pandemic COVID-19 novel coronavirus. Evolution Hospitality’s Chief Wellness Officer, Dr. Romie, discusses how to rise above the panic. In a pandemic, the fear is often as or more dangerous than the disease itself.
Make sure to take precautions and not fall into the panic and drama of the media. We do need to be safe and proactive, especially by washing our hands. To wash your hands correctly, follow the link below for proper handwashing procedures. When timing your handwashing, sing “Happy Birthday” twice, and the amount of time you take to sing the song twice is approximately 20 seconds of handwashing.
Dr. Romie’s Coronavirus Preventative Measures List:
- Get enough sleep, chronic sleep deprivation deprives your body of creating immune cells.
- Eat nutritious foods. Fried food, highly processed foods, and alcohol all stress our digestive system and lower our immune resistance. Stay away from these types of foods and eat a healthy diet.
- Wash your hands according to the health guidelines of the CDC.
Are you an immune-compromised individual, has an auto-immune disease or undergoing treatment such as chemotherapy? Make sure to stay home and do not come into contact with others for your safety. If you’re not sure you fall into this category, please check with your healthcare provider.
We know now that COVID-19 has a higher mortality rate than the yearly or traditional flu. The CDC is currently testing a vaccine in healthy individuals; however, this vaccine will need to go through clinical trials to prove safety and efficacy before this vaccine can be distributed to the public.
Many people are trying to sell their supplements for the prevention of Coronavirus, please do not believe these claims on the internet. There are no known supplements that will effectively keep you healthy from Coronavirus specifically. However, some supplements have been scientifically proven to assist your immune system when you have the common flu:
- Elderberry syrup
- Vitamin C
In this episode, you will hear:
- What is the COVID-19 novel coronavirus, and how is it different than the flu?
- How can we boost our immune system naturally, including the importance of sleep and nutrition?
- How can we start to rise above the panic so we can function in our personal lives and in the workplace?
Please share this podcast with a friend and tag Evolutionary Wellness!
Evolution Hospitality is a third party hospitality management company with corporate headquarters in San Clemente, CA. For more information visit www.evolutionhospitality.com.
- [01:59] Dr. Romie’s background and current position in Wellness Evolved.
- [03:15] Effects of the fallout of COVID-19 both in business and entertainment
- [03:56] Dr. Romie’s PSA: take timeout to scrub your hands to prevent the spread of disease.
- [04:40] What is Coronavirus and is COVID-19 different from the flu?
- [05:46] Facts we now know about Coronavirus, some of which we were previously unaware.
- [07:04] Promoting natural therapies, but not for treating or preventing COVID-19.
- [08:08] Preventative proactive measures to avoid COVID-19.
- [10:17] Supplements which have been clinically proven in scientific studies to assist your immune system with the common flu, not specifically COVID-19.
- [12:50] Rise above the fear, pandemic and media hype and stay level-headed through this crisis.
- [14:35] Examples of how to prepare and what to do if you experience the Coronavirus.
Links and Resources: